The COVID-19 Pandemic that has impacted our world so drastically these past weeks requires that we take strong measures to protect the health of our community and our members. It is unfortunate that this comes at such a time as this, when First Christian Church in Las Cruces is celebrating the possibility of a new pastor this weekend! But in spite of the joy and anticipation we all feel it is important we act responsibly. And so we will be taking the following steps:
- The meeting with youth scheduled for 10:00 am Saturday morning is cancelled.
- The Meet and Greet scheduled for 1:00 pm Saturday afternoon is cancelled. To those who are preparing items, we thank you and apologize for the short notice!
- Regarding Sunday’s activities, at the recommendation of the World Health Organization, the UCC and the DOC, we are asking anyone who is not feeling well, who thinks they may have a cold or flu or who feels they may be vulnerable (the immune-compromized, diabetic, etc.) to remain at home.
- We will not be passing the microphone for prayer and/or community announcements. You will find two index cards in the bulletin. Please write your prayer requests on one and any community service announcement on the other, and these will be collected and read. We hope you understand this is being done to protect everyone, as we cannot guarantee clean surfaces on the microphone. You can also bring your prayers and/or announcements to church if you like. Be sure to clearly note which is which!
- We understand that given the activities planned this Sunday, remaining at home is hard to do and the prospect is extremely disappointing! We will try to ease this by doing the following:
- Live Stream from the beginning of Rev. Bethany’s sermon through the communion meditation. We will NOT video the entire service, so we recommend you be ready from 10:30 am forward. We can only project the sermon will start sometime between 10:30 and 10:45. If you get to the site and nothing is happening… that is because we haven’t started! To view the Live Stream you can go to our Facebook page, or go HERE
- Live Stream the Congregational Meeting, which we project will begin sometime around 11:15 am. HERE
- For those who remain home, please do not be concerned… your vote MATTERS! Beginning Sunday morning, an online ballot will be available for you to vote on the two measures being considered at the meeting. You will be able to find the ballot by clicking on either of these two motions: