Yes, I love to collect data, ponder what I find, and share where and when I can.
If you are familiar with the Myers-Briggs Personality Sorter you will recognize the categories of N(intuition) vs S(sensing), e.g. facts vs the big picture.
From the Creation Justice Ministries website here are a few dates from their
“50 Years of Earth Days and Beyond”.
- 1970 The first Earth Day is established on the birthday of Saint Francis of Assisi (April 22nd). Environmental Protection Agency also established.
- 1996 Southwest Network for Economic and Environmental Justice meets in Jemez, New Mexico and releases the Jemez Principles for Democratic Organizing, which continue to be widely used in the environmental justice movement.
- 2008 The World Council of Churches calls on churches to celebrate five weeks of “Time for Creation” each year between September 1-October 4….The National Council of Churches releases The Green Bible, to highlight the creation-centered ethos of the Bible.
- 2013 The United Church of Christ’s General Synod becomes the first major religious body to call for divestment from fossil fuels.
- 2017 The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) sets a new bar of ambition by calling on individuals, congregations, and ministries to achieve carbon neutrality by 2030 and pull carbon out of the atmosphere by 2035.
- 2030 IPCC deadline to meet the 1.5°C of global warming by cutting emissions.
Climate crisis data collection: I have a lending library of books to share as well as my collection of online articles. A list of books will be available soon. Til Zimmerman