Rev. Donna Cavedon will be presenting a 12-week sermon series, beginning on Father’s Day and continuing until Labor Day, inspired by Karen Armstrong’s book, Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life.
The 12 steps that will be covered over the 12 weeks are as follows:
- Step 1. Learn About Compassion — Wisdom from many traditions
- Step 2. Look at your own world.
- Step 3. Compassion for yourself.
- Step 4. Empathy
- Step 5. Mindfulness
- Step 6. Action
- Step 7. How little we know
- Step 8. How should be speak to one another?
- Step 9. Concern for everybody
- Step 10. Knowledge
- Step 11. Recognition
- step 12. Love your enemies
Please join us. Take note of this on your fridge, calendar, or electronic devices.